We had no official plans on Saturday except to go to mum's house and pick the season's first batch of blueberries. When I called in the morning to confirm our hanging out, she invited us to supper. Instantly I thought, "Oh no!" My mom, she can't cook. Her sisters? They make the best Vietnamese food all day. I feel like an ass for assuming that dinner would be awful because it was really good. She made Tibetan-style chicken on a bed of rice with a side salad and a slice of blueberry pie for dessert. I may've made too much of a big deal about it, "Oh, this is really GOOD!" After we ate, we picked blueberries. So plump and delicious! If we don't just eat them straight, I'd like to try new blueberry recipes.
Saturday turned out being much more than what we had planned. After mum's, we went to Vino's to loiter on the deck. After Vino's, we joined Heather & Zach at Ristorante Capeo where I had ANOTHER DINNER. You can't not eat there. We got calamari, spaghetti carbonara & lasagna. The best Italian food in Arkansas, in my opinion. It's in a good space with good lighting and atmosphere. Anyway, after Capeo, we went to Heather & Zach's home in the glorious Park Hill. I just have to say, these two have one of the best lot of pets out there! I'm surprised I didn't whip out ye olde camera phone and take their photos. Monkey love! When we left there, it was sleepy time.
Saturday turned out being much more than what we had planned. After mum's, we went to Vino's to loiter on the deck. After Vino's, we joined Heather & Zach at Ristorante Capeo where I had ANOTHER DINNER. You can't not eat there. We got calamari, spaghetti carbonara & lasagna. The best Italian food in Arkansas, in my opinion. It's in a good space with good lighting and atmosphere. Anyway, after Capeo, we went to Heather & Zach's home in the glorious Park Hill. I just have to say, these two have one of the best lot of pets out there! I'm surprised I didn't whip out ye olde camera phone and take their photos. Monkey love! When we left there, it was sleepy time.
I surprised ATM with biscuits & gravy & a pot of coffee on Sunday morning. It was good, but I feel like the gravy could've been better.


Later that day, we went to the space on Victory St. to water the garden. Check this out!








Something cool: we found five wild tomato plants at our home! I hope they produce fruit! What a badass discovery, yeah? I think that they may be grape tomatoes because I threw some out that were going bad not too long ago. Sweet!
A rock I found in Jasper -- it's a soft rock & it's covered in fossils imprints:

Something I've been working on at the office:

My mum & Larry (stepfather) have cute little chickens & roosters @ their home. Anyway, the rooster reacts adversely to the color red. Larry gave this one a soda can & it went nuts on it. When I picked it up, there were puncture holes in it from it's little thumb claw thing!

Something I've been working on at the office:

My mum & Larry (stepfather) have cute little chickens & roosters @ their home. Anyway, the rooster reacts adversely to the color red. Larry gave this one a soda can & it went nuts on it. When I picked it up, there were puncture holes in it from it's little thumb claw thing!
3 comments:
Not to rub it in but Eclipse Glasses were really on that night. In fact, Zach said he felt it was the best they have played yet. Also, the dancing was hilarious. Bad dancing dudes just let themselves go.
So how should I approach dinner with mum? Luke warm expectations? Also, blueberry recipes abound this time of year. How about some blueberry scones or pound cake รก la M. Stewart?
Two dinners: been there. I ate a loaded faux dog once out of politeness even though I already had dinner. Burp!
Z & H's pets are cute. Was it Ruby that was in my lap for a long time? I'm afraid of cat claws but she was real sweet.
I love gravy, obv. I sing its praises often enough to illicit a 'We know, you love gravy.'
Seriously try this. It's a hot mess. From The New Farm Vegetarian Cookbook:
1/3 cup white unbleached flour
1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
1/4 cup oil or margarine
2 cups water
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
Toast the flour over medium-low heat until you begin to smell it, stirring often. Stir in the yeast, then add oil. Cook a few minutes until bubbly, then add water and cook, whisking until it thickens and bubbles. Add soy sauce, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
I can't believe the Victory Street garden was planned around salsa.
Also, good thing you have a closet across from your desk lest the rubber band ball gets out of hand.
Fossils rock. I'm here all week...
I wonder what the rooster would do if you did any chicken squawking from Arrested Development.
That nutritional yeast gravy is crazy good. I've made it on several occasions.
That rooster made me LOL (and I never, ever use that acronym). He's like a little bird/bull with the red-hate. So cute and funny.
so I'm thinking of taking my next group of students to the brand new Heifer Village, there behind the Clinton Museum. any thoughts? I love the ranch, but it would be so much easier for us to just stay in LR.
I miss LR. I think I'm gonna try to drive down Sat. morning, Friday night if I can find a place to stay with Lucy (we're single ladyin' it up [put a ring on it]).
I'm overly caffeinated, busy and obsessed with parentheses. And having a one-sided conversation with you in your comments section.
I <3 <3 <3 how long ya'll comments are!
KMHD: Zach told me the same thing about their show on Friday. I mean, I've gone to every single show except one, you know? Of course I'd miss the one they thought was their best yet! Murphy's Law, at it's best.
In that gravy, do you use oil or marg? They both sound nast. Can you use butter?
The Victory Garden wasn't intentionally planned around salsa, it just happened that way and we are running with it.
Alannah: I've not been to the Heifer Village yet, so I can't offer any input. Sorry!
If you need a place to stay, CALL US. We're your people!
Post a Comment